Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

10 Things I Love | A Valentine's Day Post

Well in some parts of the world Valentine's Day is over, but here in California, I've still got over an hour left, so still time to do my official Valentine's Day post! At first I was going to do a post on vintage Valentine's day cards, but I don't know, I felt like posting something a little more personal but still you know, vintage centric.

10 Things I Love | A Valentine's Day Post

1.] Funny Face is my all time favorite Audrey Hepburn movie. It has nearly everything I love. Audrey. France. Fashion. Singing. Dancing. Fred Astaire. Photography. Cool beatnik bar where you can dance all kooky and NO ONE seems to notice and later on get featured in a snazzy Gap commercial!

2.] Steve McQueen. So in real life he was kind of a dirt bag. But in still pictures, especially any stills from "The Great Escape" ohh boy.

3.] Polka dots. I wear them at least once a week, without fail.

4.] Peonies and Ranunculus are my favorite flowers. But I just love flowers in general.

5.] Fairy Tales. I still read them. I'll go to the library once in awhile and borrow fairy tale books and sometimes little kids look at me funny.

6.] Clair De Lune. Probably my all time favorite song ever. I've liked it since I started listening to classical music when I was a wee thing and was looking for new songs to practice ballet at home. My Dad had one of those classical cd collections that could have only been purchased from an infomercial and so at the precocious age of 10 I was introduced to Claude Debussy.

7.] Color coding. And lining things up. Sorting stuff. I'm weird.

8.] Jellyfish. They're so cool.

9.] Lingerie and nightgowns from the 1920s are the epitome of pretty intimates in my opinion. Unfortunately most of my collection isn't all that wearable to bed since they're a bit fragile. I've torn two in my sleep already! (I must be having ninja dreams or something!)

10.] Grey, cream, white, and pale peach pink are my favorite colors. Blue is my least favorite.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar