Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Updated MAC Eyeshadow Collection and Swatches

My MAC eyeshadows are my favourite part of my makeup collection, I love looking at the pretty colours and use them regularly. I love how you can customize your palette, no one else's is the same and it's fun collecting them. I am a fan of neutrals, so that's mostly what you will see here, I have very few "colourful" shades, since I don't wear them and prefer to spend my money on everyday shades. I did a MAC eyeshadow collection post about a year ago, and it's come a long way since then, so I thought I would do an update. I have acquired these from MAC purchases (obviously), blog sales, makeup/discounted etailers such as allcosmeticswholesale and bridgette's boutique and the many were purchased "free" on Amazon from Swagbucks. I redeem my Swagbucks for amazon.com gift cards on a regular basis and have one seller in particular that I purchase from again and again, with shipping it ends up being a bit more than retail, but since they are "free" I have no issue with that at all. I always buy pots, and then take them back to MAC once I have 6 and get a free one.

I am very picky with the shadows that I choose to purchase, I often look through swatches online and youtube videos to decide. I thought it would be helpful to show you guys my shadows and accompanying swatches. All pictures can be enlarged to gigantic size by clicking on the image, you can see the labeling better that way too.

The neutrals/browns palette is my favourite, this was the first palette that I completed, although I do shuffle shadows around as I get new ones. This includes highlighter colours (although I don't really highlight, mostly use them as lid colours), light-medium browns and some shimmery ones too. The lighter shades all tend to look the same, with varying levels of pink/gold/peach undertones. My favourites out of this one are Grand Entrance, Naked Lunch, All That Glitters, Kid, Patina and Satin Taupe. Biggest disappointment was Woodwinked, I know people love this shadow but it just looks orange on me, and I can only wear it in the crease.

As you can tell the top row shadows look slightly different when swatched. I don't wear Retrospeck a whole lot because it is a Lustre and can be prone to fallout. Some nice cooler browns are Patina and Charcoal Brown. All That Glitters is basically a more peach version of Naked Lunch, both are nice.

This is my redy brown/purple palette. I find purples work great for those with green eyes and MAC has a ton of red-based browns. Some of my favourites in this one include Style Snob, Star Violet, Shale, Sable, Embark, Twinks, 100 Strokes, and Glamour Check.

And the swatches, Trax is prettier than it appears here, it's a purple with gold reflects. My camera isn't the greatest, I redid these swatches so many times, it's hard to get them to look just right. Sable is a favourite of many and it's gorgeous, should belong in my neutral/brown palette, but it's more a red-based on. Glamour Check is very similar to Antiqued, and Starflash finish is my favourite by far, if you can get anything Starflash go for it, they are super pigmented and rich.

And my purple/colours palette, this is as colourful as I get. Some of my favourites here include Memorabilia, Signed and Sealed, Club and Smoke and Diamonds. Biggest disappointed (and biggest ever MAC shadow disappointed) was Shadowy Lady, this looks pretty in the pan, but does not show up hardly at all unless you foil it, Signed and Sealed is 100x better and very similar. Blackberry is not red like it appears here, it's a dark matte purple.
Swatches of the purple palette, the top row purples are all very different, Lotusland (Starflash) is a pinky purple, Parfait Amour is a blue purple, Nocturnelle a plum, Memorabilia a matte purple and Blackberry a dark matte purple. Gleam is pretty, but a Lustre and it got demoted from the neutral palette for that reason. Club is gorgeous and unique, it doubles up as two shadows in one, can look green and brown and red.

Please recommend me any shadows that you think I should acquire! I have Copperplate and Warming Trend on order at the moment. I also have Carbon and some others from the Smokey Eye palette that came out with the Red She Said collection.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar