Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Topshop Lip Bullet in Heartbeat

I'm such a sucker for new lip products. Ever since I bought the Soap & Glory's Gloss Stick (which left a really good impression), I've been wanting to test out more lip crayon type product to see how they fare. Topshop recently brought out their new range of lipsticks (packaged like a lip crayon), and I was immediately drawn to a bright coral colour - Heartbeat.

Description from website:
Richly pigmented self-sharpening precision lipstick with a satiny finish. Twist up format for precise application
Price:
$19

Texture:
Smooth and glossy, but it leaves a layer of film on the lips.

Scent:
No detectable scent

Packaging:
The lip bullet is housed in a twist up stick. As usual, Topshop's makeup packaging is always so simple and chic. One problem I had with the lip bullet is that the product has a tendency to melt and the colour will migrate down the white tip. It's not a very big issue though.
Swatch:
Topshop's lip bullet in Heartbeat is described as a peachy pink colour on their website. On my lips, the peachy tone doesn't really stand out. It's quite a bright colour, but it can be toned down by wearing just a light layer.
What I like:

  • The lip bullet is just as pigmented as a lipstick. I was expecting more of a sheer colour, so I was pleasantly surprised by the colour payoff.
  • Heartbeat is quite a bright colour and it leaves a nice pinkish stain even after a few hours of wear.

What can be improved:

  • I much prefer the texture of Soap & Glory's Gloss Stick. Topshop's lip bullet leaves an 'oily' film on my lips, and application can sometimes be quite patchy.
  • The lip bullet is not drying, but it tends to sink into the dry lines on my lips.

To be honest, the lip bullet feels very similar to a regular lipstick, the only difference is the packaging. I have to say that I'm slightly disappointed by the lip bullet. At $19, I think it's a tad overpriced for what it does. I could easily get a lipstick from Revlon that is better quality. Nonetheless, it is a pretty colour, so I'll probably continue wearing it. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar