Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Pinocchio

I've lost track of how many Disney films I've been watching but last nights was Pinocchio, and I have to say even though I'm an adult I still found it a bit weird at times and if I was a child there are parts that I know I'd find scary and not like.

Most people know what/who Pinocchio is but if not I'll explain anyway. Mr Geppetto had made Pinocchio as a wooden string puppet, but that night when laying in bed looking at the stars, he made a wish that Pinocchio could be a real boy, and this was half granted as Pinocchio had received the gift of life, and had to earn the right to be a real boy.

With a cricket, Jiminy Cricket, as his conscience and guide what could go wrong as he always had someone to help him choose between right and wrong, but things weren't always that easy. There were some tricky people around (and when I say people I guess I also mean cats, you'd know if you've seen the film, it's all very odd really), and Pinocchio doesn't always take the right path, in fact the first wrong path he takes leads him onto the others creating a big adventure for the wooden boy.
After a lot of ups and downs for Pinocchio and Mr Geppetto, Pinocchio proves that he can do well and gets the gift of being a real boy, giving the film a happy ending as we know all Disney films do.

I did enjoy the film and think I could have liked it as a child too, but I wouldn't have liked some of the more scary, weird things within it, but I would have liked the happy ending. I now finally know where the song 'When you wish upon a star' came from finally, and also Jiminy Cricket, these two things I had heard of before but never knew where from. I'll be sure not to let any crazy cats distract me from my journey when I go out like Pinocchio.
It's a good film but maybe a bit creepy and scary for kids, still enjoyable though and they'd like the happy ending.

Until next time thanks for reading! :)


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar