Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water

Animal
I purchased this product on a whim. It was one of those products that I didn't really want but since I was getting two other products from the same brand ... which were on offer ... at 3 for the price of 2 ...  I thought it was a bit of a bargain and a rip off but, still threw it into the mix/basket kinda purchase (hmm - do I ever make sense?). Basically I'm saying that I didn't really want to buy this, but I did .. because it was on offer .. so .. it was free but, not free .. since I did have to buy two full priced products .. before getting the unwanted one. Oh it sounds so mean :( ... but its true.

O.K. I'm going straight into it ... the packaging of this product is oh-so-awful. Why oh why is it oh-so-awful I hear you say? Well (sigh) this product once popped open (like how hand soaps pumps pop open) never closes and will leak and dribble if toppled over accidentally ... like um let's say in your shopping bag .. just after your purchased it. Yep it happened to me! Luckily, not much was spilt but come on No7 just use a cap or a real pump ... and a tight one at that! Anyway. 

This product claims that it will help your 'oily skin behave like normal skin' which if you have oily skin you'll know, that such a clam is a BIG claim indeed. Ultimately I would say I have oily skin since my forehead and nose are constantly gleaming and I do suffer from pimples and blemishes (everywhere). So did it cure my oily skin and turn it into the much idealised elusive normal skin that everyone wants ... 

Do I really have to answer that? Of course not,  it didn't do a thing but that might be because I didn't use it as a toner or a refresher I used it to take my makeup off (that's what I get for not reading the instructions well). I would say it does a O.K. job as a makeup remover. Although its not good at removing eye makeup at all and it definitely leaves a residue that I have only just got used to leaving on my skin (most of its finished now). 

Would I buy it again? Maybe. I say maybe because I really did like the fresh smell (sweet and fresh but not strong) and on bare skin it does remove dirt well. If I purchase it again I would use it as a toner and not a makeup remover because, I had to use a lot of product to effectively remove makeup. All in all I'd say it is a good product. Yet, it is best purchased when on offer or if you've already had really good experiences with it already (so you know it works for you so and are willing to buy it full priced). So now a quick pro and summary to clear up any confusion ...

Pros
Smells nice
Removes dirt from bare skin well
Able to remove makeup
Makes skin feel soft
Didn't strip my skin
Made my skin have a gleam
Makes my skin feel moisturised without using a moisturiser (once it dries completely)

Cons
Packaging is not great - product spills and leaks
Leaves a residue that takes some time to get used to
Did not really help oily areas
Doesn't remove eye makeup well
Pricey for being a toner
Does contain a paraben (if you're trying to avoid those ingredients its a con)


Price: £9.50 for 200ml/6.7 fl.oz

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Butylene Glycol, PEG-6 caprylic/capric glycerides, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium citrate, Parfum (Fragrance), Hamamelis Virginia (Witch Hazel) distilate, Citric Acid, Sodium methlparaben, Sodium PCA, Tocopheryl acetate, Ascorbyl glucoside, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium PCA, Dipropylene glycol, Potassium hydroxide, Maganese PCA, Potassium sorbate. 

Expiration: 24 months.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar