Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

FOTD + LOTD

After two hectic weeks, I finally get to rest my mind a bit more, and am rather inspired by some magazine featured trends this month. Plus, I get a chance to wear a few items that I have never touched and do some makeup using things from the long haul. haha.

FOTD - Simple Everyday

I almost never do single eyeshadow, but this is specially for just being simple together with my neutral toned clothes.

Me on the bus. I was watching The Secret on my Omnia.

PS: Amazingly, I just found out that Omnia is good for videos. I keep complaining about it I just don't bother to realise what else it can do. LOL. It's one of my biggest regret still, because the camera is way off from what I expected, given that I am a camera-heavy user.

These are my eyes for the day.

I was testing out the use of Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin singly on my entire lids, from the lids, to crease, inner under corner, right up to the brow bone and way back into the socket.

I just learned to do it from a runway feature in Women's Weekly (I think). All you need is a shimmer light neutral colour, to keep the popping eyes, yet able to blend well and keep the face neutral.

UDPP in Sin is a champagne colour, which to me, is sort of light rose salmon. I originally thought that Sin would suit warm tone skin while the other one, which is really nude (more like a concealer), will go better on cool tone skin. But after applying, I actually feel it doesn't suits me as much as I thought. Nevertheless, I still think it's a nice colour and will continue using it, maybe with more eyeshadows.

******
Eyes were lined super thinly with my favourite Maybelline Gel Liner. I always use this when I know I am going to be out for more than 3-4 hours. L'oreal Superliner runs a lot. Plus, I prefer smudgey eyeliners that gives soft finish.

And then, it's my favourite Sasa Superdolly mascara! It's really the best of the best. It curls, it volumizes, it lengthens. It holds and is highly water and remover proof. It's tiny. Just love it. That explains why it has made it into my Daily Makeup Case, together with Maybelline Liner and GOSH! lippie.

For my brows, I simple fill up the gaps lightly with brown pencil. My staple, which probably will take forever to grind down, is from Rhomlon. I love it so much, I've got them in Black, Brown and Light Brown. Only $1.90.

PS: I am still soooo afraid of tweezing my own eyebrows. Sorry for that. It gets messy when closing the time for my facial. My beautician does it for me.

And then it's down to the lips.

Close-up for lips.

Today, I experimented with something a bit different for my lips. I don't normally do this. But if you look closely, my lips were in two-toned.

The middle is the popping part, using gloss from M.A.C. Spring Colour Forecast Cremesheen Lipglass in Ember Glow. The colour goes on really well, so whatever you're seeing is the colour. It's those kind of beige that you get from a Stabilo colour pencil. haha, I can still remember this colour from my childhood days. It's a really pretty peachy colour.

Being inexperienced, I've put a little too much, so the gloss area isn't as small as it's supposed to be. By rights, to get the maximum popping effect, just a dab like the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland, will do.

The under colour looks a lot! more pink here, in contrast with Ember Glow. It's actually GOSH! in Exotic lipstick that I raved about a while ago. So cheap and good. (I so want to get GOSH! eyeshadow palette! The colours look really pretty and neutral.)

I wish to continue raving, cos it really lasted me all the way till the sky turned dark and I came home, without drying my lips at all. Ember Glow was gone a long time ago, from eating and all. As usual, gloss always goes... ...

PS: M.A.C Cremesheen Lipglasses are not exactly what I would call favourites. They come in pretty and useful colours. But seriously, they are rather drying. So are the lipsticks. Drying. I still prefer e.l.f Superglosses and my other HGs listed in the profile.

No wonder my mum always calls me crazy. There are certain things that I absolutely would only use expensive and quality ones, and some that I just prefer the cheapo ones after I finally get my hands on the pricey one.

LOTD - Neutral Tiny Tribal

I don't have a full body picture because there was no chance to take a mirror shot. I really envy those bloggers who have "photographers". haha.

Front view.

This is a baggy black (obviously) top. With a little detail of white peeking out at the neckline. There is only one layer, the white is just a piece of 1 inch cloth sewn there.

Also, it's short sleeved. But still can be rather warm wearing this. I love baggy tops because they somehow trap the air and keep me warm in air-conditioned rooms. Yet they feel light and cooling enough under the microwaves in Singapore.

Side view.

Actually, this is a rather classic look that I sport because it's so easy to wear, so easy to match, yet pretty flattering. I did a similar one with white top, light brown beige belt and black pants.

This time, I wore a off-white work pants.

My belt, top ends below butt, and my pants.

Accessories

I love to accessorize slightly. Just feels weird with bare hands and neck. As if the look is not complete. So today, I chose a necklace, actually two necklaces that are non-shimmery, and slightly tribal looking to match the rope-knots belt.

PS: I love belt. In fact, I love all my belts. I am quite a belt person, because my mum used to make all of us wear belts whenever there are belt slots on the trousers. She doesn't buys a lot, maybe own two at a time at the most? But she makes us wear there when the clothes allow.

Below is my fish necklace. Can't believe these are from my mum. She has a totally different style from me. I prefer bling blings, she is more matte and "don't stand out".

Fish necklace and coloured beads.

Just me and the necklace.

The coloured beads can be untwined to become a necklace. Here, I simply twist it round and round my wrist, like tying hair with rubber band.

Coloured beads necklace twisted around wrist.

Okay, and that's me! Going home. =) See the orange lippie still there? No more gloss.

Going home.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar